Sunday, July 22, 2007

Floral Kaleidascope

On Colorado's blog, I've seen a Flower Shower.
On Photowannabe's blog, I've seen a Flower Bed.
This is Botanica's Floral Kaleidascope.

It's the one from which yesterday's photo was taken. There's a step stool in front of it for children to stand on, in order to be tall enough to look through the scope. The large circular part of this (the part with the scopes on it) can be manually moved to revolve around the potted flowers, and the actual scopes can be turned (making the patterns change in motion). There are two scopes - one on each side, both offering different patterns. Tomorrow, I'll show you the view through the other scope, I think it's neater than yesterdays. Have you ever seen one of these?

I'm excited to be added to Gerald England's listings, and to the CDPB portal. I believe I've found a great group to blog with.

8 comments:

M. CHRISTOPHE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

I've never seen one of these. What a good idea the botanica folks had - this is an altogether new way (to me at least) to enjoy flowery views.

Isn't it wonderful to become a member, truly a member, of a new and eager community. I'm so glad you're here, Wendy.

Ann (MobayDP) said...

Congrats and welcome to CDPB! :)

I've never seen a floral kaleidoscope. Very interesting. The view through the scope must be quite pretty.

Irina said...

Interesting thing! I never saw anything of the kinf.

And welcome to DPB family!

dot said...

I was really expecting something very large so I was surprised to see your photo. Looks like a really neat thing. Wish I could have a look thru!

Wanda said...

That is just the coolest thing! I want to see...Thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

Welcome to the DPB family!!!

I have never seen anything like that, but it's just awesome. And the stepstools, so that children can have the fun of experiencing it, is a great touch.

travelphilippines said...

how interesting.