Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pidgeon


This pidgeon was roosting on a wooden board under the roof of a covered bridge. It almost went unnoticed - but I happened to look up. Most people look over the sides of the bridge at the water below, as ducks and fish are swimming around.
There is a food dispenser mounted on the bridge, and for a quarter (or two) you can buy a handful of "fish food" to toss to the fish below. Often times as children open the door of the food dispenser - some of the pellets fall on the floor. If pidgeons can eat the small pellets, then this bird has found a safe and shady spot near a "cafeteria".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pigeons are survivalists and will eat almost anything. So this one has it made with food already there as you said.

Annie said...

I really like these big birds, they seem so spunky and intelligent to me. I'm glad you looked up.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi wnedy,
I like the clear photo but not the bird itself, cause they poop all everthin under their asses. Haha:) well here it looks all very clean but under , is it?

I did not know that they are intelligent...

:) JoAnn

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

one bird that u can meet and say hello to in any part of the world :)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Nice seeing and capture. I don't like pigeon poop, but I think they are pretty.

photowannabe said...

I think it was a dangerous thing to "look up" when there are pigeons around. Messy, messy, messy. I hated it when they tried to roost in the corner of our chimeny. Noisy and messy.
Nice picture of a safe haven for them though.

david mcmahon said...

G'day Wendy,

Does it speak pidgin English?!!!!

Seriously, though, pigeons are really birds with character.

Cheers

David

Wanda said...

Oh, I thought I heard her cooing...